Monday, October 15, 2007

with god on a mountain top

Lord, I feel your presence...
in the panoramic beauty that unfolds
day after day......

I sense your spirit...
in the woolly patches of clouds
hovering on the mountain tops,

I see your beauty..
in the shades of green
that stretch languidly
across space and time......

I begin to comprehend infinity...
in the waves of mountains
that blend with the hazy blue
of distant horizons....

I feel humbled
in your mighty presence
of yesterdays that melt into todays
and todays that live on
to eternity....

Note: I had the opportunity to stay for a few days at Charalkunnu, Kerala,
which was at an altitude where I could see waves of mountains stretching far away into the smoky grey-blue sky! I was fascinated and would spend all my free time gazing at the beauty. I could even see the origin of a river ! I scribbled this on the day I was leaving and gave a copy to the caretaker as my tribute to the breathtaking beauty of the place.!

2 comments:

Ponnoly Blogs said...

Susan,
I read your poem only today. It is not only beautiful, it has embedded or hidden within those lines, a philosophy of life. We see the hand of the divine in the beauty of nature. The emotional bond that we feel with nature is one that binds us to the divine. Those noble feelings lift us up.
You have beautifully penned those feelings.
Thank you. It uplifts anyone who reads those lines.....Wordsworthian....emotions recollected in tranquility... That is true poetry.
-Avthachen

thinking with susan said...

Dear Avthachen,
Thanx for the kind words... but I find that what you have written is true poetry "emotions recollected in tranquility".... I like the phrase....
regards
Susan Jacob